Skip to main content

Where it all started...Fam(ily)

Hello my beautiful friends! Today's post I would like to get just a bit more personal so you can get to know the real me. I was away for about a week, went up to California to spend time with my family. Today I would like to talk more about what it means to be to be a daughter, a sister & aunt. First I would like to share that I'm the youngest child of the family, I have two older sisters Mimi (middle) & Vero  and my parents have been married for 37 years. I remember migrating from Mexico to the U.S when I was about 9 years old, didn't speak English at all. My parents brought us to the U.S.A in hope to give us a better future, leaving behind their home, culture & language all for us three.
 
Growing up, our home was always a happy place. We were best friends most of the time.
 
 
Being a Daughter
 
Being my parents daughter means a lot to me. They left too many things behind for us, they have dedicated their lives into giving us a better future. I'm never as good of a daughter as I wish to be for them, but I can only continue to strive to be a bit better everyday. My parents have high expectation from us, they have worked so hard for the opportunities that we now get. They are very loving and supportive and they truly treasure the times when we are all together again. This weekend we got to spend a lot of time together which doesn't happen as often as we would like, due to work & distance. I got to see them smile so much because their three daughters were together. Being my parents daughter makes me feel very proud to know where I come from, and makes me try a little more every single day. One of the best memories I have from my mom is how she would take me lunch every day to school, we lived very close to my school in Mexico and she would take me my cooked lunch daily and would stay until I would finish then give me a kiss & I would go play with my friends. One of the memories that I know my dad treasures from my childhood is riding in the back of the truck singing my guts out his favorite song, its a very funny song but I can still hear me singing it to dad as he smiles from ear to ear.

 
 
Being a Sister


 
 
Being a sister to me means being a best friend for life. I'm sure most of you guys have had friends who you promised you would be but at some point or another you lose the friendship. Sisters are forever friends, I'm thankful everyday for them in my life. Being a sister to me means being the biggest cheerleader, supporter, critique, & advisor. Its a label that I carry with great honor. One of the best parts about myself is that I'm a sister to Vero & Mimi. Even though we have grown up and no longer live under the same roof, every time were together we can connect right away. We always look up for each other and try to protect each other too much. If I could describe our relationship it would be OVERPROTECTIVE which is a reason to also fight. I hope my sisters know that it always comes from a good place of trying to avoid getting hurt somehow. I feel like they will love me no matter what, even if we get mad they will love me. I feel like I could never be alone in this world because I have them. One of my favorite memories with my sister Mimi sharing a room for so long, because that meant we could gossip all night and sing all of our favorite songs with our body sprays pretending it was microphone. My favorite memory with Vero is sneaking into her room every day after her dates with her now husband and talking about everything, day dreaming of the future.
 
Being an Aunt

 
 
The best thing about being a sister is that eventually at some point in your life you will get promoted to being an Aunt. I'm forever thankful to God & my sister for allowing me that awesome title. We have day dreamed about that day for too long. I remember the night in November when I found out my sister was in Labor. MY SISTER IN LABOR!!!!!!! me not being a mother I couldn't imagine her pain, but what was hurting me is that I couldn't be there for her, I couldn't sleep that night, I remember having a small anxiety attack because I wasn't there & I wanted to be there for her. My sisters a champ & she had baby Caleb the next day. I got there as soon as I could which was the following day, holding baby for the first time was magical. Looking into his big beautiful eyes, he was a part of my sister and I loved him since the day I found out she was pregnant, but seeing him there & holding him was out of this world. I won't forget what it felt like to be there the first week, he was so cuddly & tiny. Falling asleep on my chest often, I loved feeling his heart beat and knowing the was real, he was finally HERE. This week I went back to a baby who is now 4 months old. He's such a strong baby, so smart & intelligent I can already picture his future, being who he wants to be in this world, and doing great things. His eyes can melt me away, he has the eyes of love & a smile that can light this world. I love being his aunt. One of my favorite memories is doing lots of skin to skin with baby his first week & seeing how he smiles when I talk to him.
 
Baby Caleb was so handsome for his special day!
 
I found some childhood pictures which we actually don't have too
 many of them since we left our home in Mexico and just came with a luggage. I love the memories, I'm thankful for having such an amazing childhood.
 
I love being my parents daughter.
-be you
xoxo - Karla
 
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I ate on 21 day fix

  Hello my beautiful friends!   Today is officially day 2 on 21 day fix, am I skinny yet? Okay no but today I felt amazing. Day 1 was a struggle to be honest I feel like I did not space out my meals correctly yesterday but today felt like a successful day. My tip for you guys if you are on the program or looking into starting it is really taking a look at the list of foods that you can eat. Day number one I had too many of the foods from the bottom which to me is the reason why I felt so hungry thru out the day. The more nutrients and fiber your foods have the better you will feel.   I guess I started with thinking I could only have salads but lettuce was being used as one of my veggies and since it doesn't have much nutrients it doesn't keep you full. Today I added broccoli, tomatoes and bell peppers instead and felt well thru out the day & had great energy.   Okay guys so I tried to keep it simple and I will be eating the same foods for the next few days

Week one on 21 day fix!

Hello my beautiful friends !!!     I have actually completed week 1 of 21 day fix & I have learned so much already. Today its actually day 11 for me so on Monday I will be completing week 2!   I just wanted to update you guys on how its been going for me. I have to start by saying this program is amazing, I have learned so much about portion control & seeing food in a different way. I promise every time I see someone's plate I think about what portions it is & what container it belongs in.   The first two days I think were hard for me. I felt a bit hungry & lost through out the day. I was not enjoying the foods that I was eating much & I was having too much salads. By now I've been feeling so much better, I'm adapting very well to my portions that sometimes its hard to finish eating all the containers that I need to eat.   So here's 11 things I've learned on my 21 day fix journey !   FYI. My diet consists of 3 green contain

7 healthy changes you can start making TODAY!

Hello my beautiful friends!!! Healthy can have different meanings to different people. I would love to share what it means to me & the goals that I have in mind for my fitness journey. I strive for a healthy balance on a daily basis, which means to me eating healthy foods & whole foods about 80% of the time & having pizza & a donut on some other days. I love food, and I feel like I'm still in my journey to having a better relationship with food. I have a huge appetite like really I could eat a torta & a burrito and will still ask what's for dessert? this is the reason why I choose to eat bigger portions of healthier & whole foods. Allowing me to treat myself gives me the choice to have some of the foods that I love with moderation. So here are 7 tips that I apply to my life for  a healthier lifestyle, easy things you can start today. I'm still on my journey to finding balance & learning as I go. 1. Make your coffee at h