Skip to main content

Week one on 21 day fix!

Hello my beautiful friends !!!
 
 
I have actually completed week 1 of 21 day fix & I have learned so much already. Today its actually day 11 for me so on Monday I will be completing week 2!
 
I just wanted to update you guys on how its been going for me. I have to start by saying this program is amazing, I have learned so much about portion control & seeing food in a different way. I promise every time I see someone's plate I think about what portions it is & what container it belongs in.
 
The first two days I think were hard for me. I felt a bit hungry & lost through out the day. I was not enjoying the foods that I was eating much & I was having too much salads. By now I've been feeling so much better, I'm adapting very well to my portions that sometimes its hard to finish eating all the containers that I need to eat.
 
So here's 11 things I've learned on my 21 day fix journey !
 
FYI. My diet consists of 3 green containers which are veggies, 2 purple (fruits), 4 red (protein), 2 yellow (carbs) 1 blue (healthy fats) and one orange (seeds or dressing)
 
1. WOW I was not eating enough veggies. Some of us might think we eat enough of them but when you have to add those veggies in the container you  your get a visual of what one cup of veggies actually looks like & you realize you were not eating enough,
 
2. I was eating too much fruits. Okay guys the struggle is real with bananas I love them but are they worth 2 of my purple containers? ummm NO! so on this program you can have 2 cup of fruits or 1 banana. Lets just say I haven't been eating bananas because to me its worth it a lot more to have 2 big cups of fruits than just one little sad banana.
 
3. My portion size in oatmeal is a joke, its 1/4 a cup of oatmeal & I was used to eating almost 1/2 cup of it. ( haha talk about needing portion control)
 
4. When I grocery shop I need to keep in mind my portions. I purchased so many sweet potatoes for healthy carbs and brown rice. Well I get 2 yellow containers a day & they are tiny so that rice & sweet potatoes are going to have to last me a lifetime I guess.
 
5. bowl of cereal anyone? I love cereal. I do! & my potions were not the recommended portions we all have that huge bowl in our kitchen that we pour ourselves to have cereal. " oh I'm just going to have cereal because I'm not too hungry" or " oh I'm going to have a bit of cereal as dessert". I decided to use one of my carbs one day for cereal but it was too sad, I couldn't deal with it, it felt like it was such a small amount of cereal but it opens my eyes to see how much we should be having .
 
6. Give it time, it gets better. At first I would eat my "sad food" I have the habit of calling it that when its plain healthy foods. One of my snacks is carrots, with cucumbers & bell peppers with hummus. The first few days I felt like blah time for my boring snack. Its day 11 and I love that snack its one of my favorites, I ran out & can't wait to get hummus again to snack on it.
 
7. Those yellow containers (carbs) are GOLD! and you always have to pick a way to make it worth it. Like should I have a piece of bread with peanut butter or should I save it for dinner & have rice? the struggle is real.
 
8. Healthy fat struggle (blue containers) I get one a day!!! the daily struggle of should I have cheese, my hummus or avocado?
 
9. Don't take your weight daily, I was & it wasn't motivating me. I focus on how I feel and everyday I've been feeling so much better.
 
10. When your about to give up on your workout & Autum says "you can do anything for 60 seconds don't give up" so you hold that plank like your life depends on it.
 
11. I've learned to enjoy eating from all food groups, I've enjoyed fueling my body with the right foods & feeling great at the end of my day knowing I completed my workout & had the right foods.
 
So far I have been loving this program & just like I figured it was the right one for me, focusing on healthy nutrition and eating from all food groups in moderation, lets just say I won't be going to Olive Garden any time soon and if I do I would probably only be allowed one bite.  I will be keeping you guys posted on my journey!
 
Stay balanced
xoxo. karla 

Comments

  1. I like your ideas and I am going to do better to live a healthier lifestyle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I ate on 21 day fix

  Hello my beautiful friends!   Today is officially day 2 on 21 day fix, am I skinny yet? Okay no but today I felt amazing. Day 1 was a struggle to be honest I feel like I did not space out my meals correctly yesterday but today felt like a successful day. My tip for you guys if you are on the program or looking into starting it is really taking a look at the list of foods that you can eat. Day number one I had too many of the foods from the bottom which to me is the reason why I felt so hungry thru out the day. The more nutrients and fiber your foods have the better you will feel.   I guess I started with thinking I could only have salads but lettuce was being used as one of my veggies and since it doesn't have much nutrients it doesn't keep you full. Today I added broccoli, tomatoes and bell peppers instead and felt well thru out the day & had great energy.   Okay guys so I tried to keep it simple and I will be eating the same foods for the next few days

7 healthy changes you can start making TODAY!

Hello my beautiful friends!!! Healthy can have different meanings to different people. I would love to share what it means to me & the goals that I have in mind for my fitness journey. I strive for a healthy balance on a daily basis, which means to me eating healthy foods & whole foods about 80% of the time & having pizza & a donut on some other days. I love food, and I feel like I'm still in my journey to having a better relationship with food. I have a huge appetite like really I could eat a torta & a burrito and will still ask what's for dessert? this is the reason why I choose to eat bigger portions of healthier & whole foods. Allowing me to treat myself gives me the choice to have some of the foods that I love with moderation. So here are 7 tips that I apply to my life for  a healthier lifestyle, easy things you can start today. I'm still on my journey to finding balance & learning as I go. 1. Make your coffee at h