Skip to main content

My 18 day fix journey & starting it all over again!

Hello my beautiful friends!
 
Welcome back to my blog, so today would have marked my 21 days, however there was big bumps on the road and I totally failed by day 18.
 
I want to start off by sharing that my second week was the best week ever. I did every workout & followed my diet exactly how I should have. I was feeling great and I was actually 5lbs down!!!
 
Here's everything that went wrong for me the third week
 
1. I had more than 4 ounces of wine.
 
2. I some how started adding some popcorn into my diet.
 
3. On Monday I had a huge cramp on my leg in the morning, so I skipped the morning workout.
 
4. thinking about doing the double workout made me start to avoid my workouts
 
5. My cramp on my calf left me with so much pain it made it impossible to do anything but yoga & Pilates.
 
6. I started to feel unmotivated due to not being able to workout on DOUBLE days.
 
7. Then I just wanted to quit & start all over again, it was day 18 & it just made more sense to STOP & start again once my calf was better.
 

 
I had this raspado with ice cream! It was delicious, then for dinner I had guacamole & chips at chillis.
 
For the next few days I focused on stretching until my calf felt better. My diet was pretty much 21 day approved still but probably a bit more carbs. Didn't go crazy with junk foods at all tried to continue with eating healthy until I was ready to start again!
 
Saturday I started my day with DAY 1 all over again.  
 
I wanted o share one of the meals that i'm planning for the week
 
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
Ingredients
 
Spaghetti squash
Alfredo sauce
Chicken
Coconut oil
Salt & Pepper
 
 
I poked the squash with a knife & microwaved for 10 minutes.
You can also bake it if you want.
Once its ready cut it in half & with a fork pull out all the "spaghetti"
 
 
Mixed spaghetti squash, with your favorite Alfredo sauce & your cooked chicken & your done.
 
 
 
Here's to failing & starting all over again but never giving up.
 
My feelings towards this program is that it works, its amazing but it continues to be hard sticking to your goals and having to say NO to so many things but its worth it. Right away I start to feel so much better. I have to disagree with the quote " if your tiered of starting over don't give up" I mean in the perfect world I love it but I think I can relate more to something like this. Star over as many times as it takes until you reach your goals, because it really doesn't matter how many times you fall down as long as keep getting right back up.
 
I lost 5lbs In the first 18 days of the fix, but I gained a great start to having a better relationship with healthy foods.
 
- stay positive.
xoxo Karla
 
 
 
 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I ate on 21 day fix

  Hello my beautiful friends!   Today is officially day 2 on 21 day fix, am I skinny yet? Okay no but today I felt amazing. Day 1 was a struggle to be honest I feel like I did not space out my meals correctly yesterday but today felt like a successful day. My tip for you guys if you are on the program or looking into starting it is really taking a look at the list of foods that you can eat. Day number one I had too many of the foods from the bottom which to me is the reason why I felt so hungry thru out the day. The more nutrients and fiber your foods have the better you will feel.   I guess I started with thinking I could only have salads but lettuce was being used as one of my veggies and since it doesn't have much nutrients it doesn't keep you full. Today I added broccoli, tomatoes and bell peppers instead and felt well thru out the day & had great energy.   Okay guys so I tried to keep it simple and I will be eating the same foods for the next few days

Week one on 21 day fix!

Hello my beautiful friends !!!     I have actually completed week 1 of 21 day fix & I have learned so much already. Today its actually day 11 for me so on Monday I will be completing week 2!   I just wanted to update you guys on how its been going for me. I have to start by saying this program is amazing, I have learned so much about portion control & seeing food in a different way. I promise every time I see someone's plate I think about what portions it is & what container it belongs in.   The first two days I think were hard for me. I felt a bit hungry & lost through out the day. I was not enjoying the foods that I was eating much & I was having too much salads. By now I've been feeling so much better, I'm adapting very well to my portions that sometimes its hard to finish eating all the containers that I need to eat.   So here's 11 things I've learned on my 21 day fix journey !   FYI. My diet consists of 3 green contain

7 healthy changes you can start making TODAY!

Hello my beautiful friends!!! Healthy can have different meanings to different people. I would love to share what it means to me & the goals that I have in mind for my fitness journey. I strive for a healthy balance on a daily basis, which means to me eating healthy foods & whole foods about 80% of the time & having pizza & a donut on some other days. I love food, and I feel like I'm still in my journey to having a better relationship with food. I have a huge appetite like really I could eat a torta & a burrito and will still ask what's for dessert? this is the reason why I choose to eat bigger portions of healthier & whole foods. Allowing me to treat myself gives me the choice to have some of the foods that I love with moderation. So here are 7 tips that I apply to my life for  a healthier lifestyle, easy things you can start today. I'm still on my journey to finding balance & learning as I go. 1. Make your coffee at h